Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amanohashidate: ''Kitakinki''-Trains 2006/7/4 17:27
We want to go to Amanohashidate from Shinosaka.

The fastest connections (which don't take 4-5 hours) include the so called Limited Express ''KITAKINKI'' or Limited Express ''TANGO EXPLORER'' .
Are these also owned by Kitakinkitango Railway and cannot be used with a JR-Pass?

I read the information about travel to Amanohashidate but didn't find anything concerning these trains.

Thanx!

by DrRodriges  

... 2006/7/6 11:31
These trains run on JR railway tracks between Shin-Osaka and Fukuchiyama, but they run on non-JR tracks between Fukuchiyama and Amanohashidate. So, if you use a Japan Rail Pass, you will have to pay a supplement for the section between Fukuchiyama and Amanohashidate, which is as follows:
750 Yen if you use local trains
1380 Yen if you use a non-reserved seat on a limited express
1480 Yen if you use a reserved seat on a limited express

The Tango Explorer #1 is the only direct train between Shin-Osaka and Amanohashiate, leaving Shin-Osaka daily at 11:03. All other approaches require at least one transfer of trains at either Kyoto or Fukuchiyama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanx 2006/7/6 18:30
That's what I thought.
Thanks.

by DrRodriges rate this post as useful

. 2006/12/23 00:31
I had another question, in that how exactly do you pay the fare?

Is it collected onboard the train? Because if you exit the station how would they know you were on a local train or limited express train/ reserved/unreserved seat, I would assume it would be onboard?
by viewacer rate this post as useful

. 2006/12/23 00:33
I mean how do you pay the extra fare if you had a JR pass on this route.

I figure the exit gate agent wouldn't know if you were on a limited express train, reserved or unreserved seat, or otherwise just gotten off a local train to determine the fare charged, so I figure it would be collected onboard by the conductor?

Pay on the train 2006/12/23 01:12
Hi !

We did the trip in July and everything went perfect :)

On the way TO Amanohashidate you can pay the extra-fee with the conductor on board the train.

For the return, I showed the connection-printout and the Rail-Pass to the clerk at the station and he gave me two tickets (one for the standard fee and the express-fee) which were exact the price posted above :)

by DrRodriges rate this post as useful

Not satisfied 2006/12/23 06:41
"I mean how do you pay the extra fare if you had a JR pass on this route.

by viewacer "

You weren't satisfied with the answer on the other forum ?
by Rod rate this post as useful

. 2006/12/23 07:24
I posted here before I read the answers in the yahoo forum.

my understanding 2006/12/24 16:04
If you use a local train, you will pay the difference when leaving Amanohashidate Station at the ticket gate.

If you use a limited express train, you will pay the difference on board of the train.

In the opposite direction, you pay the difference at the ticket gate, when entering the station. You will have to specify whether using local or limited express train. If you board a limited express train without express supplement, you will have to pay for it on board of the train.

... 2008/1/26 19:44
when its said 'connections', do travellers get off for a change of trains for the section between Fukuchiyama and Amanohashidate?

How long does it take for a local train to get from Fukuchiyama to Amanohashidate? I was thinking of getting a local train for the non JR tracks.

Thank you
by Olin rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/26 22:50
do travellers get off for a change of trains for the section between Fukuchiyama and Amanohashidate?

"Kitakinki" trains don't go all the way to Amanohashidate. You will have to transfer at Fukuchiyama.

Fukuchiyama to Amanohashidate takes 35 minutes by limited express train or about 50 minutes by local trains with a good connection at Miyazu along the way:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

reply to this thread