Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ferry Terminal(s) in Hiroshima? 2006/7/10 10:19
Does the Ferry from Hiroshima to Matsuyama, depart from the same Ferry Terminal as the JR Ferry to Miyajima?
by Philip  

... 2006/7/11 11:47
Does the Ferry from Hiroshima to Matsuyama, depart from the same Ferry Terminal as the JR Ferry to Miyajima?

No. The JR ferries to Miyajima depart from Miyajima Guchi Station, which is about one hour from Hiroshima Port, where the ferry from Matsuyama arrives. But note that there are a few direct (non JR) ferries from Hiroshima Port to Miyajima. It is all explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3454.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hiroshima Port to JR Hiroshima 2007/4/16 22:10
I was wondering how easy it is to get from Hiroshima port to JR Hiroshima station. Is there a train or bus that links the 2 together? And if so what frequency?
by Matto rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/17 02:24
This post will help you more:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3454.html
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/4/17 09:10
30 minutes, 150yen by tram number 5. Departures every 5-10 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/4/17 18:08
Thanks Uji!!
by Matto rate this post as useful

Ferry to Miyajima 2008/1/2 00:11
Hi,

I'm going to Hiroshima with a HR pass in April. Would like to ask if anyone knows if the ferry operating btw the Peace Memorial Park & Miyajima is owned by the JR and what are the timings?

The guide book I am referring to states there are eight ferries plying the route daily but doesn't state what time it leaves Hiroshima.
by samantha rate this post as useful

to Miyajima 2008/1/2 09:24
Samantha: thiS is what I found:
Boats to Miyajima FROM PEACE PARK:
The two boats Kirara and Rururu run between the Pier in front of the Resthouse in Peace Park and Miyajima in a 45 minute trip. While the price is a bit steep (1900 Yen one way, 3000 return), it is a nice way to enjoy a rest and the change of landscape from the urban rivers to the islands of the Seto Inland Sea. Boats run five times a day. Please make a reservation and check departure times, as they vary according to the river tide conditions.
Link: http://www.aqua-net-h.co.jp/
Tel. 082-240-5955
if you have a JR pass you would be better off to either take a tram from Peace park to Miyajimaguchi near the pier for the JR ferries to Miyajima (55 minutes by tram plus 10 minutes by ferry) or go back from the Peace park to Hiroshima JR station then a local train (30 minutes) to Miyajimaguchi. OR, if you don't have a JR pass(good on the ferry), when you buy your tram tickets by Hiroshima main JR station, buy a day pass including a ferry trip to Miyajima. THE TRAMS RUN MORE OFTEN THAN THE TRAINS BY THE WAY.. and the JR ferries to Miyajima run every 10 minutes or less while the ones from the Peace park run much less frequently.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread