Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Accommodation - how far is Otsu? 2006/10/17 10:42
Hi,

I have been trying to book hotels in Kyoto, but have not been able to get anything between Nov 20 & Nov 25 (not sure why). I can get one hotel in Otsu (Otsu Prince Hotel). Any idea how 1) how is this hotel & 2) how convenient it will be for the sightseeing in and around Kyoto.

Thanks.
by Sandeep  

... 2006/10/17 11:29
It is due to the autum leaf season. It is very tough to get hotel rooms during that time in Kyoto.

From Otsu Prince Hotel, there is a free shuttle bus to Otsu Station (10 minutes). From Otsu Station you can get to Kyoto Station in 10 minutes and 190 Yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Alternatives to Kyoto? 2006/10/17 12:13
Thanks!

What other alternatives would you suggest for Kyoto other than Otsu (Osaka, etc)? We want to go to Nagoya & come back and other local sightseeing in and around Kyoto.
by Sandeep rate this post as useful

Otsu Prince hotel for Kyoto sightseeing 2006/10/17 14:52
webside: http://www.princehotelsjapan.com/otsuprincehotel/
Alternatives pricewise and because of Nagoya train ride: a business hotel around ShinOsaka station.
by Peter rate this post as useful

What did you decide? 2006/10/28 20:08
Hi Sandeep. In exactly the same boat here -- didn't know about leaf season in Kyoto -- and looking for someplace close. Did you go for Otsu or Osaka? Think it's possible to just take a taxi straight from the Otsu Prince into Kyoto?
by travelnow rate this post as useful

keep in mind 2006/10/28 22:00
that most train and bus lines in Japan stop their service around 23:30 ! but the hotel is great , if I have to choose between a hotel in Osaka or this one, it would be this one!
by Bomber rate this post as useful

Finalized with Otsu Prince... 2006/10/29 01:43
I finally decided to stay in Otsu Prince. Options are getting limited. Apparently, even Otsu is not showing up in American Express/Travelocity sites so not sure if it is booked solid.

Thanks everyone for your help!

... 2006/10/29 09:11
Think it's possible to just take a taxi straight from the Otsu Prince into Kyoto?

It will cost you about 3000 Yen one way. It is considerably cheaper to take the train.

... 2006/10/29 09:52
that most train and bus lines in Japan stop their service around 23:30

In urban areas, such as Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto it is around 0:30.

and your experience was? 2007/11/3 03:15
Hello Sandeep,
I am in the same situation now. How was your experience at Otsu Prince Hotel? Is it really far from Kyoto? Is it easy to get into and out of Kyoto? What time is the latest time we can get back the hotel by train/bus? We are planing to go from Dec. 29th to Jan 2nd.
Cheers!
Camilo.
by Kmilo rate this post as useful

otsu 2007/11/3 03:35
I stayed at the prince hotel in Otsu at the end of october as a base for Kyoto and i would really recommend it. Lovely hotel, great view and theres no problem getting into Kyoto.
the last train is about 12.30 as i recall and lets be honest do you need it any later? im guessing youre not going to kyoto for the nightlife.
this was my 3rd time visiting kyoto, the first two times i stayed in kyoto itself and I would say i much preferred the prince hotel.
plus youll be greeted by a stunning view every morning when you wake up.
by flood rate this post as useful

Short term Rentals in Kyoto 2007/11/3 11:09
Here is an alternative:
http://kyotostayclub.bravehost.com/
Good luck.
by In rate this post as useful

Prince Otsu was great 2007/11/5 03:13
I'd have to say that we found it to be convenient to stay and travel back and forth to Kyoto.
Regards,

reply to this thread