Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3D Designer / Animator jobs in Japan? 2006/10/30 10:12
Hi,

I am currently 19 yrs old, live in London, and studying my 2nd yr in “3D Digital Design” course (BA Hons) at university.

I’m quite an admirer of Japan, though I will visit the country before I attempt to do anything drastic. However I am thinking of maybe moving to Japan after I graduate and start a career based around 3D, hopefully a games department!

My questions are how is this department in Japan?
Do I have much of a success to do this as a foreigner in Japan?
Will I need to have a few years of work experience, or can I start building my career there?
Are there any companies that might support and supervise you, as you work for them?
Is English widely used in such businesses? (I’ll learn Japanese too…)

Thanks in advance, any information shared will be greatly appreciated!
by 13lazed  

Games companies 2006/10/30 21:26
I know that there are a lot of Japanese 3D artists around and therefore it might be difficult to land such a job as a foreigner. Think of it from the company's point of view: It would be much easier for the company to employ a Japanese kid instead of a foreigner who doesn't speak Japanese well and who needs a visa which the company needs to sponsor.
Plus, I have been at game companies in Japan and it always seems to be crunch time and a lot of the artists and programmers have sleeping bags at the office and go home only from time to time.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Animator 2008/3/16 00:17
Hi,
I m 3d animator and now i m pursuing Maya from Delhi capital of India.Japan is famous in Animation.They have won oscar Award in final fantasy.I would like to work in such an environment.But can i get job there?since,japan has many experiance animator while I am just a fresher.But, I have high talent to do that since animation is my soul.I have completed graphic designing,web designing,editing and compositing.But,I have no intention in all these stuffs.My intention is just towards animation in a hard working invironment where the company can win some good name!
by zia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread