Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much money needed of souvenirs 2007/1/31 23:54
My grandfather has given me £100 spending money to use when i go on a college trip to Tokyo, Japan for 8 days. A currency converter worked this out to be 23,000 odd Yen. How much are items in japan such as souvenirs, clothes, buying cakes drinks from cafes etc just could someone give me a few examples of the average cost of things in Tokyo and would 23,000 yen be too much or just about or not enough or what? P.S my hotel and flights and everything have been paid for separatley plus meals i just mean spending money for souvenirs, shopping etc
by Emma  

omiyage 2007/2/1 11:52
23,000yen is enough to shop at sundries in tokyo if you shop wisely. things are quite expensive around tokyo. for example; a piece of cake and a cup of coffee is around 1000yen, BigMac is 300yen, a can of coke is 120yen, a plate of sushi at rotating-sushi bar is 200yen or more. anyways,a nice advice for you will be; don't go to tourists souvenir shop that sell t-shirt says "ichiban" because they price things more.
by pato rate this post as useful

Another idea 2008/6/30 19:01
How about visiting a 100 Yen shop, hakyu yen shop, where all items will cost your around 1 USD.
by Ty rate this post as useful

reply to this thread