Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsugano? 2007/2/27 20:12
I heard this on some occasions while walking down the street. Some people muttered something quietly as they passed me. Just one word, and the most common I heard was ''tsugano'' or ''chugano''. What does that mean? I wasn't doing anything special, except I look obviously foreign with my blond hair etc. I was doing nothing besides walking, I was neatly dressed and I cannot think of anything I could have done wrong, if they were reprimanding me of something.
by wanderer  

No ward like that 2007/3/3 12:27
There is no ward like "Tugano" in Japanese. So you need not care about that.
by Taro rate this post as useful

? 2007/3/3 16:46
I want to take more information. Singing male or female ?
by Roy rate this post as useful

Here is some more information 2007/7/4 20:39
Thanks for answers. I only heard males say that. I may be totally wrong. I don't know how to read or write Japanese, so maybe the word was something different.
by wanderer rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/5 18:25
Now after ALL this time of looking at this word, it occurred to me that they could have been saying "sugeena," a colloquial and male version of "sugoi na," something like "Awesome!" And this is a word that's often used by young guys to express "Terrific," "Awesome," "Cool," etc., so... they could have been saying that about you, maybe they were impressed by your looks, or maybe just this word happened to pop out of their mouth in their own conversation as they passed you along :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/7/27 06:03
Maybe that was it, I can't think of anything else.

When I say "neat clothes" I mean "not dirty clothes", they didn't look especially cool to me :) Just a dark coat and jeans. The locals clothing, now that's what I call cool!

Thanks again for all!
by wanderer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread