Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka Hotel Recommendation 2007/3/10 02:05
I'm planning on being in Osaka for one day of our vacation.

The only place we'd really like to visit is the Aquarium. Ideally we'd like a hotel in the Namba region, with quick foot access to both the Osaka subway (to get to Aquarium) as well as JR train line (we'll be leaving for Toyko after the 1 night.

Thanks for any suggestions!
by Jason V.  

hi 2007/3/10 14:08
im japanese from Kobe.
i would answer if u give more information,especially about budget.
and also your priority.
food?cost?hospitality?bath?

if u r interested in capsule hotel,u should try!i guess it's gonna be unforgettable memory though i don't know if it could be bad...
by Tom rate this post as useful

more info 2007/3/10 23:13
Okay, more info...

Price range is $200 or less.
There will be two of us.
Western style of ryokan are fine, can't convince the wife to try a tube hotel!
As far as hospitality or food, I don't care. We'll only be there one night. My main concern is location. We'll be coming from Mt. Koya, going to the Aquarium, and then heading out to Tokyo. So something close to the Subway line, the incoming train from Mt. Koya, and the JR West train line in Namba would be perfect.
by Jason V. rate this post as useful

Right in Namba 2007/3/10 23:32
Try Nankai Namba Hotel or Il Cuore Namba.

They are on the same block 1 min walk west of Nankai Namba stn.
by laughing buddha rate this post as useful

Need Osaka Hotel enrout to koyasan 2007/8/23 06:30
I am also looking for a hotel near JR station. Is it better to stay at Osaka or shinosaka? I want to just walk into my hotel from JR Station.

Is Yamatoya Honten walking distance to a JR Station?
by Pearly White rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/23 18:30
Then, I recommend the Hilton Osaka, just next to Osaka Station:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/OSAHITW-Hilton-Osaka-hotel/index.do
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ryokan or capsule or hotel 2007/8/23 19:33
Jason V,
Sorry to mention, but for your information only: A ryokan is a Japanese style accomodation generally with Japanese dinner, sleeping on futons on the tatami mats, Japanese communal bath, Japanese breakfast. A tube hotel is called capsule and nearly all are for the single male guest, ideally those who missed their last train home in the night. Some say for the single man who partied too much to make the trip home. But there are plenty of hotels in Japan offering western style rooms with beds.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Osaka Hotels Needed JR Stn 2007/8/24 04:13
Wow, Osaka Hilton runs at $300 a night. That is too much for me.

Is there a cheaper hotel near JR Osaka Station for about 6300 for 2 people?

I think Osaka has expensive hotels near JR Station.
by Pearly Whites rate this post as useful

reply to this thread