Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling during high peak seasons 2007/7/5 11:23
Backpacking in Kansai this dec,want to check if it is safe for me to purchase travel tickets on the day of travel itself and no need to worry about stuffs like trains/bus full?

Also, as I have decide to roam around and do not want to decide on the ryokan to stay for each night, I will not be making advance bookings for ryokan rooms. Are ryokan's plentiful in the area? I have prepared a sleeping bag just in case~
by Yuu  

... 2007/7/6 12:29
want to check if it is safe for me to purchase travel tickets on the day of travel itself and no need to worry about stuffs like trains/bus full?

On busy days, you run into the risk that long-distance buses are booked out. Most trains, on the other hand, have cars with non-reserved seats.

Are ryokan's plentiful in the area?

Yes, there are lots of ryokan, especially in tourist resorts. On busy days, they may get booked out. Advance reservation is recommended for the sake of the owner if you plan to stay at a small ryokan that includes meals.

I have prepared a sleeping bag just in case~

I hope you are not planning to sleep on the streets!
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/9 14:25
Thank you for your advice, Uji~
Not worried about sleeping in the streets, worried about the lack of transportation due to busy season! :)
by Yuu rate this post as useful

Osaka 2 week vacation 2007/8/6 15:28
Traveling Oct 25th for 2 weeks to Osaka as our base.Hiroshima day trip : bullet train . Kansai 3 day pass : Kyoto 2 days , should I go to Nara or Kobe for a day ? rest of time in Osaka , about 4 days
by Canadian1 rate this post as useful

to Canadian 1 2007/8/7 01:51
Nara? absolutely. don't miss it!
Kobe? I always stay there when visiting the Kansai. I especially like the Kitano area, going to Mount Rokko, riding the Portliner . Other places to see: Himeji castle, the Fushimi Inari shrine between Kyoto and Nara. By the way my Japanese friends hate, abolutely hate, the name "bullet train"! it is called a Shinkansen. i know that all Canadians speak at least some French, so you can call it " un Train a grande vitesse"
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread