Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Living in Ishigaki 2007/7/20 20:40
Hi all,

My Japanese wife and I (I am English) and our young daughter are planning to move to Japan in the next year or so.
We would like to live in Ishigaki so I am seeking general advice on how easy it would be for me to get a job there as an English teacher.
Also how easy would it be to buy a property there (my wife is Japanese so i presume it's not too difficult)? What are house prices like in this area?
Thanks for any help in advance!!
by Graham  

Living in Ishigaki 2008/2/9 08:36
Graham,
My wife and I would also like to live in Ishigaki. She is there right now. Her aunt owns a big real estate company and she may be inquiring about prices. Did you get any answers to your post? If you have I am also interested in the answer.
by Thomas rate this post as useful

Ishigaki 2008/2/9 10:16
Very small population= very few jobs, for locals as well as foreigners. Definitely don't move there without making sure you can get work.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Jobs in Ishigaki 2008/2/10 17:14
There are a lot of hotels and diving shops in Ishigaki. Aneikanko and Hirata Group organize day trips to remote islands. A lot of people living in Ishigaki do some work related to tourism. A lot of them might be interested in learning English so it gets easier for them to serve foreign tourists. There is certainly the opportunity to work as an English teacher or as English speaking staff in a business related to tourism.
by OkinawaDolphin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread