Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Puratto Kodama Economy Plan 2007/7/25 17:22
I found this "With the "Puratto Kodama Economy Plan", you can travel from Tokyo to Shin-Osaka by reserved seat on a kodama train for only 10,000 Yen and will receive one drink for free. The "Puratto Kodama Economy Plan" has to be purchased at least one day before departure." I will be in Kansai region on 12th Sept and planned to go Tokyo on 22nd Sept. Where can i get this plan? Is it worth while? Can i buy 2 plan on 22nd so that i can use the other one on the day i want to come back to Osaka?
by Janice  

... 2007/7/29 04:53
Where can i get this plan?

At JR Tokai or travel agencies.

Is it worth while?

Depends on the person.

Plus: about 3000 Yen cheaper
Minus: available only at JR Tokai Tours and other travel agencies; journey takes more than one hour longer

Can i buy 2 plan on 22nd so that i can use the other one on the day i want to come back to Osaka?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/29 05:24
Yes I think its a pretty good deal especially if you wanted to go by train in a reasonable amount of time vs a slower highway bus or overnight train. It is about an hour slower than Hikari Shinkansen, but you do end up saving 6000-8000 totally (if you are doing it each way).

As mentioned you'll have to get it at JR Tokai tour offices, which can be found at the major shinkansen stations in ShinOsaka and Kyoto or other JTB travel agencies.

Here is the page in Japanese http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/shinosaka.html
You can probably print it out to assist the reseservation process faster in case of any language barrier.
by John rate this post as useful

.... 2007/8/1 19:09
Do you mean that this train will take ard 4 hours to reach Tokyo from OSAKA? Will the price vary by the time I buy it on 22nd Sept? Will it be available all the time or I have to make reservation due to high demand of the plan? Thx a lot.
by Janice rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/2 11:33
Do you mean that this train will take ard 4 hours to reach Tokyo from OSAKA?

Yes.

Will the price vary by the time I buy it on 22nd Sept?

No. The price is only slightly higher during peak travel seasons, such as the Obon week in mid August.

Will it be available all the time or I have to make reservation due to high demand of the plan?

It is available all the time from one month before departure date until one day before departure date. I believe the number of plans sold is only limited by the number of reserved seats on the kodama trains. Since September 22 is the first day of a long weekend, traffic might be heightened, but I am pretty sure that kodama trains will not be booked out more than one week in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2007/8/13 14:50
Okay. I think i will get this plan. Can i book it online? or can i have the contact no. in order to book the plan in advance? Thx.
by Janice rate this post as useful

reply to this thread