Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

student visa and work in Japan? 2007/7/27 08:52
If I live in Japan under studentfs visa I know I will have a right to work a little bit, some limited amount of hours if it doesnft interfere with my studies. How much is that? What kind of work can I apply to, for example if If an artist a designer, can I work freelance? Any details would be great, thank you. By the way is a freelancers market big in Japan or is it not? For example www.cmd9.com is an amazing portfolio of a Japanese freelancer; I wonder if big clients work with cmd9.com that means there are no stamps like gonly a design studio can do quality workh and the market is pretty full of apportunities for those with skills and style? Or am I mistaken?
by T.K.  

... 2007/7/30 10:02
I believe the maximum is 28 hours per week.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/30 10:08
If I live in Japan under studentfs visa I know I will have a right to work a little bit, some limited amount of hours if it doesnft interfere with my studies.

You don't have a "right" to work. Remember one of the conditions of a student visa is that you or someone else you know (ie relative) will defray all your costs while you are in Japan under that visa status.

Working under a student visa is a privledge granted based on many factors. You can't show up on a student visa and start working. You have to apply for permission to work first (and usually you can only apply after attending school for a few months), in the beginning it is normually like 20hrs a week, but the longer you stay it can be extended to 28hrs I think.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread