Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

More Questions on Tokyo Travel 2007/7/31 11:06
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your previous help with my questions! I have some more about my September trip to Tokyo...:)

(Any help is appreciated!)

1) I plan to take the Keisei Skyliner from Narita to Ueno and then take the Ginza line to the station near my hotel.

---Would anyone recommend reserving a seat before I get to the airport?

---Should I reserve a round trip on the Skyliner? (Is that possible?)

---Is there much of a walk from the Keisei Ueno station to the Ginza line nearby?

2) I plan on staying on Tokyo the entire time I'm there (with the exception of the train to and from Narita).

---Both Suica and Pasmo card/passes work on all subways/trains in the Tokyo area, right? Which one would you recommend?

---Is it possible to get one of these card/passes at Narita?

3) Are there unique things to see in Tokyo that only happen on certain days?
(Like all the costumed folk near Harajuku station on a Sunday...)

4) Is that famous Fish Market really worth it? (and that early too?)

5) Can anyone recommend some good hip-hop clubs? (Maybe something in the vein of Osaka's "Sam and Dave's"?)

6) Is it necessary to buy an adapter if you don't have any three-prong items to plug in?

7) Could anyone recommend any good Ramen/Udon places?

Thanks again!

-TJ
by Tanny J  

... 2007/8/2 13:57
No. I don't think you need to book a seat in advance.

Again, no.

---Is there much of a walk from the Keisei Ueno station to the Ginza line nearby?
No, less than 5min. When you get out of the wicket, you can see connecting passageway to the subway station. Ginza line is indicated by orange color.

See the map :
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/keisei_us/html/e_ueno.html

---Both Suica and Pasmo card/passes work on all subways/trains in the Tokyo area, right? Which one would you recommend?
There's no difference between the 2 cards.

Yes. Suica can be purchased at JR while Pasmo can be purchased at Keisei.

6) Is it necessary to buy an adapter if you don't have any three-prong items to plug in?
Japan is 100 V with 2 flat-pin prongs.

by J Lady rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/2 14:03

No, its unlikely the train from the airport will sell out, not to mention you never know if there will be any delays on your flight etc.

You can get two one way tickets, one going from Narita Airport then one going back, but again, depending on how far out you are planning it is probably not neccessary.

I don't think its too bad, if you aren't carrying tons of luggage.

2) I plan on staying on Tokyo the entire time I'm there (with the exception of the train to and from Narita).

Doesn't matter both are essentially the same thing.

Yes you can get a Suica at JR station in Narita Airport, and Pasmo (if they have restarted selling them by then) at the Keisei Station.
by John rate this post as useful

Suica and Pasmo 2007/8/3 16:42
Suica and Pasmo cards are convenient, but they don't offer any real discounts.

You should consider the Tokyo day pass tickets if you are using the trains alot.

You can get JR(Tokunai, 730yen), Subway (Metro & Toei, 1000yen) and Metro (710) or Toei Subway(700) day passes.

You can also get a combined JR /subway pass(1580), but you need to do a lot of daily travelling to get your money's worth.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread