Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visa for my mother (more than 3 months) 2007/8/1 14:07
In the reason, now my mother lives in home country alone. I'm student and came Japan 2 years ago. My brother also works in japan. Therefore we worry about my mother. In this reason, we want to bring my mother Japan to live together. How can i take visa for my mother to live in japan more than 3 months? Please help me.
by mugi  

As far as I know... 2007/8/2 16:31
The *closest* I can think of is the "dependent" visa, granted to the spouse or the child of a non-Japanese who is working in Japan (so your brother who is working in Japan can bring his wife/child over to Japan under this visa), but unfortunately it does not include mother/parents. I suppose she would have to travel on repeated tourist visa, unless she herself qualifies for student or work-permitting visa :(
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread