Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

colleges/universites 2007/8/4 06:57
I would like to know if there are any decent colleges in america that have student exchange programs to japan (want a bachelors). I'm graduating this year and I haven't got around to taking my ACT or SAT yet. I would like to be a police officer in America after college, but Its always been on my mind to go to japan for a year or so. I can speak, understand, and read pretty well in japanese. My only main concern regarding my japanese skills is that I only know a handful of kanji.I can also speak in fluent korean and I am starting to learn russian. I do have family in Tokyo if that helps.
by colleges/universities  

. 2007/8/5 15:52
What you want to do is look at Universities that will help you advance in your future career rather than what Universities have exchange programs in Japan. If you plan on going into Law Enforcement one of the leading schools in the US is the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City, which is part of the City University of New York. Which may or maynot have an exchange program with Japan (it might, however thats not what you should really be concentrating on).

If you want to come to Japan to solely concentrate on the language, then attending a dedicated Japanese language school in Japan might be your best bet.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread