Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hair color of people 20+ years old 2007/8/6 09:29
I wanted to know what are the chances that if i were to work in japan, that i could probably not dye my hair anymore?

Now when i say dye my hair, i don't mean like my whole head is a bright red. My natural hair is brown, but i dye it black and have like neon green highlights.

I'm guessing it depends on the job/company but i want to hear what everyone else thinks. Also to let you know, my job would be in the software engineering department.
by Marty  

Your 2007/8/6 10:16
hair is ok, while natural color may be preferable. Orange, reddish and black with green looks nice for short hair, I guess.
by Module rate this post as useful

Hard to say. 2007/8/6 12:39
That's really going to depend on your company's regulations- we can only guess. I have friends working in game software development where pretty much anything goes, and other friends working for large IT companies where they have to wear suits. You'll have to check with your company, but generally speaking Japanese companies tend towards the conservative.
by Sira rate this post as useful

I expected 2007/8/6 13:26
to have to wear suits (I hate them), its just hair thati am curious about.

Also on a side note, IT seems like a broad category, so i wanted to know if just because i am majoring as software engineer, that i would still be able to get another job related to my field (Not sure what, there are alot of categories/titles). Or does it just come down to my personal skills in programming?
by Marty rate this post as useful

.. 2007/8/6 13:30
I find Sira's advise to be pretty much spot on.
Be as conservative as you can to play it safe.
by Kevin rate this post as useful

As 2007/8/7 02:22
IT seems to run on various discrete programming courses, I would suggest the next hair color categories: when you starting to learn something, paint it orange. When you get some experience, get it reddish. Finally, use black and green when you are a "pro". :)
by Module rate this post as useful

Depends on ur race 2007/9/25 16:46
For the conservative jobs(most jobs)
Caucasian= Black, Brown, Red(orange), Blond
Black= Black, Brown
East asian= Black, (for women brown is accepted)
etc...
by mixed JP/US rate this post as useful

P.S. 2007/9/25 16:49
since ur working in the software enjineering department, u might be able to have any style as long as u do really well on your job.
cuz I know really weird guys in that field, and they don't get fired..:)
(not suggesting u take the risk though..just follow the other guys..
by mixed JP/US rate this post as useful

reply to this thread