Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Rail Pass Alternatives 2007/8/7 09:25
I'm having a tough decision on deciding on purchasing the Japan Rail Pass. Most of the information given to me about the pass is that it is invaluable for tourists that are going to be traveling extensively throughout Japan. I am, however, only staying in Japan for a week, and the only long distances I need to travel are from the Narita airport to my hotel to Tokyo, then to another hotel in Kyoto, then finally to the airport in Osaka. In addition, most of my sightseeing would just be in those two cities, so I won't be traveling elsewhere aside from any neighboring areas around them. I don't want to spend more money than I have to on traveling if I can, but if the Rail Pass is cheaper than individual tickets, I'll go with that. Would it be cheaper to just buy individual tickets for these trips (I have no qualms about not taking the shinkansen), or would the Rail Pass be the best way to go?
by Aaron  

... 2007/8/7 22:23
Regular tickets come considerably cheaper for your itinerary than a Japan Rail Pass.

Your only long distance trip is from Tokyo to Kyoto. Your options:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread