Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Museums in Tokyo 2007/8/7 10:09
Hello,
Heading off to Tokyo for the 2nd time soon, and I was just wondering which museums you find the most interesting.
I went to the National Museum in Ueno Park a few years ago, and I thought I found it to be quite impressive. Are there any other museums of that scale in Tokyo?

by Vic  

... 2007/8/7 22:24
I found the Edo-Tokyo Museum very interesting:
http://www.edo-tokyo-museum.or.jp/english/
by Uji rate this post as useful

GRUTT Pass 2007/8/8 00:20
If you're an art lover, buy "The GRUTT Pass." It is a convenient ticket that saves you money, and includes admission tickets (discount tickets for some of them) of as many as 56 museums/facilities in Tokyo.

http://www.museum.or.jp/grutto/about-e.html

It has a 2 month validity and the price is 2,000 yen.
National Museum and Edo Tokyo Museum, which was mentioned in the previous post are covered by this pass.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

museums 2007/8/8 11:34
National Museum of Modern Art and Craft Gallery in Tokyo. These are two museums, one for paintings and one for handicrafts. Two buildings in the same location but about five minutes walk apart. They are just opposite the Imperial Palace.
Communication Museum in Otamechi area is another interesting one to visit.
by tjut rate this post as useful

Controversial 2007/8/8 17:47
I liked the war memorial museum at Yasukuni Shrine.

It is a controversial shrine and the museum content is no different.

You may not agree with the view of history it expresses, but that does not stop it being well put together and interesting.

The European Art gallery in Ueno was also something that I enjoyed. The main collection is pretty B grade, but the impressionist collection is good.
by Michael Riley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread