Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fujisan 5th St - Kawaguchiko last bus ? 2007/8/7 15:46
I plan to climb Fujisan on Aug 24th from the Yoshidaguchi Trail ie Kawaguchiko 5th station. I am staying in Kawaguchiko the night 'Before' and 'On' the day of climb.
This is the plan -
8 am start climb
4 pm start descent
8 pm reach 5th station

I have some Qs -

--Is the above a good way to hike Mt Fuji ? Most ppl seem to start the previous day and take rest overnight in a mountain hut.

--What is the last bus that leaves from 5th station to Kawaguchiko station in the late aug period (24th aug) ?
I found this - http://www17.plala.or.jp/climb_fujiyama/Kawaguchiko%20Bus%20Schedule.html

According to the late buses are at 8:45pm and 10:10pm. Can this information be relied on
? I would appreciate if anyone can share more info on bus schedules from 5th st - kawaguchiko.

--Do I need to make reservations for this bus ? The above website says not required. However Aug being a busy hike season I thought I should confirm ?

--Is it possible to get rentals for hiking shoes, jackets or poles in tokyo or kawaguchiko ?
by Raj  

... 2007/8/7 22:52
According to the late buses are at 8:45pm and 10:10pm. Can this information be relied on?

Yes, the last two buses leave at 20:45 and 22:10.

Do I need to make reservations for this bus ?

Reservations are not possible for buses between the 5th Station and Kawaguchiko Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread