Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

docomo.ne.jp emailing 2007/8/8 17:37
I'm a New Zealander hosting a 12 year old Japanese girl for a week, who speaks very very little English. I'd like her to email her Mum to say hi etc. The girl's email address is a docomo one and I assumed she could email from webmail so she could (I'm guessing) dialogue in Japanese. How can I make this possible for her?
by Jo  

Emailing docomo mobile phones 2007/8/8 23:23
Jo,

Firstly, I presume you mean that the girl's mother's email address is a docomo (i.e. mobile phone) address, and you want to send email from your computer in New Zealand?

You will need to set up your computer to handle Japanese text. How easy this is depends on what operating system you are using. Details are given in other threads here, as it is a frequently asked question.
An easier route would be for the girl to type Romanized Japanese, which would be OK for short emails just telling her mum that she's OK etc.

The next hurdle you face is the problem that many docomo mobile phone users (unknowingly) have their phones set to reject email from addresses other than other Japanese mobile phones (as an anti-spam measure).
If your email is returned, then you will have to get the girl to telephone her mother and ask her to change the settings on her phone.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/9 05:11
If your email is returned,

Even if your email is rejected, it won't return.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/7 00:38
It does return for me. Does anyone know how to set a docomo phone to accept emails from certain domains?
by T rate this post as useful

Docomo spam measures 2007/9/7 07:10
T,

Does anyone know how to set a docomo phone to accept emails from certain domains?

I'm not a docomo user, but a quick search turned up the following docomo page which looks like it explains what yo need to do.

http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/info/spam_mail/index.html
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

me too i have the same..... 2008/8/29 01:50
me too i have the same problem i know a friend from japan and her email. is o9o...XX-XXX...XXXX@docomo.ne.jp
i couldnot contact to her how can i i think of downloding the same program if it is like the msn or yahoo but i donot know where to find it quickly please helpppppppppppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeee now!!!!!!!!!!
i realy miis my friend sad
by nora rate this post as useful

docomo, or any mobiles 2008/8/29 10:18
Something confusing here. If your e-mail is rejected, you should ask your friend to accept your e-mail address.
(I'm not clear if the mail you sent will return to your PC or not. meringue4-san said it won't come back, is it right?)

And nora-san, about the address 090xxxx@docomo.ne.jp, did you confirm it certainly? Because the number is her phone's. With a default setting, a docomo-mail address is the same as its phone number just after they made a using contract, and most of ppl will change it to some words they like. As far as I know, remaining docomo address in its phone number is VERY rare.

how can i i think of downloding the same program
What do you mean?
by M rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/29 10:22
so, nora-san can phone your friend, I guess.
by M rate this post as useful

reply to this thread