Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Few hours visit to Tokyo? 2007/8/9 02:23
I will be reaching Tokyo Narita airport in the evening and returning back to my country the next morning. I am thinking of travelling into town for a few hours of shopping/entertainment/food when I arrive in Narita(about 7 to 8pm).
Where should I go? I was told Shinjuku, but wat was the fastest and economical way to travel from Narita to Shinjuku?

Thank you!
by Apple  

... 2007/8/9 08:59
Here you go:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html?aFROM=2027_3011

Note that it takes 2-3 hours from arrival of you flight until you reach central Tokyo. More if you want to check into your airport hotel before going to Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Few hours in toyko 2007/8/9 17:27
Tks Uji

Is it advisable to go to Shinjuku, or I should be going to somewhere convenient/nearby given only couple of hours.
by Apple rate this post as useful

Asakusa 2007/8/9 17:53
I would try Asakusa ^-^
by Kage rate this post as useful

Humm... 2007/8/9 19:32
I wouldn't go to Shinjuku, if i were you. the Shinjiku Station itself is a maze. it is one of the biggest train stations in tokyo. - i still get lost sometimes.
Asakusa is nice, but I recommend Harajuku for shopping, the train station is small. Just get out of the OmoteSando exit and walk along the Omote Sando street. lots of nice shops. Have a nice time!
by TRF rate this post as useful

Few hours in toyko 2007/8/10 00:12
For Harajuku and Asakusa, will I still get any shopping/entertainment if I arrive there after 9pm? I will be reaching Narita at 7pm, after settling down in the hotel, I hope I still get a chance to go down town, and hopefully with transportation back to the hotel.
I will be staying at Narita Garden Hotel
by Apple rate this post as useful

Time issues 2007/8/10 02:46
A little concerned if you get ti Tokyo at 930 most of the stores would have closed by then which would then lead you to check out the night life or restaurants. Going yo harajuku for a wander and a bite and then going to see Tokyo tower may be good. Doesnt leave you much time to catch the last train back.
by D in Tokyo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread