Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hyperdia query regarding fare 2007/8/10 08:54
I am planning to travel from Shizuoka to Shin-Osaka by Shinkansen on the 29th September (Sunday). Ideally I want to take the earliest train which leaves at 6:05am. However, it seems these earlier trains are only available unreserved. I checked the same route on Jorudan and it states it as reservable. Could someone clarify which is correct and whether the train would be busy at this time?

Thanks
by Gabby  

... 2007/8/10 09:15
6:05 (kodama 595):
fully non-reserved on weekdays, some reserved seats on weekends, no green car

6:40 (kodama 597):
same as kodama 595

7:17 (kodama 599) and all later trains carry non-reserved and reserved seats and green cars.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kodama reserved seats 2007/8/10 09:24
Gabby,

On a Sunday, I think these trains would be nearly empty. There is normally no need to reserve seats on Kodama trains unless you are travelling at exceptionally busy periods or are travelling as a large party. Only a few cars offer reserved seats on these trains, anyway.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

re: 2007/8/10 09:26
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think it is worth trying to go for a reserved seat especially with these early trains not running from Tokyo? I would assume as long as I arrive at the station early it should be fine.
by Gabby rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/10 09:28
Haha thanks Dave. Seems like I already had my question answered before I had a chance to post it.
by Gabby rate this post as useful

sat 2007/8/10 12:39
29th September is a Saturday. You may like to look in Hyperdia to confirm you were looking at the right day.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread