Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Weight...? 2007/8/10 19:29
Im planning on going to Japan next year, and Im pretty small but could loose a few pounds (im a little too lazy) And Im wondering if Ill fit in fine or if I should work out a bit.. I lived there for a year but was in an international school, but this time I am going to be going to a public school. I have fine self confidence I just want to have a no-problem year and maybe date =D haha

Heres my measures:
Weight= 115lbs
Bust= 32B
Waist=27inch
Height= 4' 11"

Thanks! Sorry If this comes out weird with paragraphs, my first question here. ^_^ll
Thanks so much!
by Nancy  

bmi 2007/8/10 20:26
that equates to a bmi of 21.9, which is very normal healthwise - is below norm in the west, and probably a little high for Japan, but thats only because so many Japanese women are below their medically ideal weight range
by gozomark rate this post as useful

^_^ 2007/8/10 22:33
I think the appeal of western women is their differences. I wouldn't bother working out at all, if its purely for weight loss. You sound very average to me, and I very much doubt you'll have any problems making friends or dating due to appearances!
by Kelly rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/11 01:02
Not to worry you, but I have heard from my Japanese girl friends that whenever they go back to Japan from being in America for a year or so, their family (mother) and friends (all girls btw) and boyfriend if they have one, tell them "oh my god, you've gotten so fat! what happened to you!?" When really, they look fine for American standards.
My friend Mizuho was always telling me how much she wanted to lose weight. She's 115 and is 5'2". She always said "I want to be 100 pounds" and i told her "what!? you look fine! you don't need to lose weight!" and then she replied "But if I don't, everyone in Japan is going to tell me how fat I am! Do you think if I stop eating for a week I'll lose weight?"
It can be pretty bad. The same goes with my room mate from Hong Kong, her mom saw a picture of her and told her how fat she's gotten in just the two months she has been in America! Asians in particular can be mean about women's weight. But I don't believe they'll tell a stranger that. Just think of it this way... you'll know you're good friends when they start to tell you how fat you've gotten. It seems the trend is only close friends and relatives tell you this.
I think they'd only be this harsh though if a) they saw you as a very slim girl (like size 0) when they met you, and then you got larger and/or b)you're Japanese like them. I think if they recognize you as an American, they won't think about your weight so much.
by Miko rate this post as useful

It 2007/8/11 02:57
happens, because in Japan even if you eat at fast food places, you still get less fats as if you where eaten in America. If your body is healthy, it will adjust itself, abter you are back to Japan. If you cook at home, you must be able to stay within your weight, but you may get fatter if you dont walk much as in Japan, or get more stressed. What foods you girls eat in Japan and abroad? When my J-girlfriend visited me, she looked "strong" (and I told her this) but never fat. For the woman's body its normal to have more weight anyway, but it should be a sign of "something wrong" if a man gets extra kilos.
by Module rate this post as useful

reply to this thread