Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Airport-Kyoto hotel 2007/8/11 13:41
Dear all,

I shall be arriving at Narita Airport on the morning (0730) of the 14th of August, and have reserved a hotel at Kyoto on the same day : Karasuma Kyoto Hotel, approachable on foot from the Shijo Station.

I have obtained a Japan Rail Pass Exchange Voucher, and am clear of the exchange procedures.

However, I'm rather confused with the many lines in Japan. Could I just politely ask what the best possible route is, with a Japan Rail Pass, to get from Narita Airport to Shijo Station in Kyoto? I am under no time pressure to arrive at the hotel.

Thank you so much.
by Ken  

... 2007/8/11 16:50
1) Take the JR Narita Express from the airport to Tokyo Station
2) Take the JR Tokaido Shinkansen (hikari train) from Tokyo to Kyoto Station
3) Take the Kyoto Subway (Karasuma Line) from Kyoto Station to Shijo Station.

Depending on your timing, you may also be able to transfer from the Narita Express to the Tokaido Shinkansen at Shinagawa Station instead Tokyo Station, which is a little bit easier.

The Japan Rail Pass will cover the Narita Express and Tokaido Shinkansen, but you will have to pay separately for the Kyoto subway.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread