Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Palace Side Hotel vs Tour Club 2007/8/13 09:27
I'm staying in Kyoto for five days and am looking for budget accommodation. Has anyone stayed at either the Palace Side Hotel or Tour Club, or can recommend which one is best? It'll be for two people in a private room.

thanks.
by Zoe  

Palaceside 2007/8/14 00:43
For my first two trips to Kyoto, I stayed at the Palaceside Hotel. It's a 3 minute walk to the Marutamachi subway station on the Karasuma line. And by subway, Kyoto Station is less than 10 minutes away. The rooms are fine - small, but clean. TV, refrigerator, AC. There is a restaurant, so breakfast was taken care of. I believe that breakfast is 1000 yen. Maybe less, I don't remember. Being 3 minutes from the intersection of Karasuma and Marutamachi is very convenient for not only the subway, but also the buses. And, it's across the street from the Kyoto Imperial Palace and Sento Imperial Villa.

Oh, and there is a Lawson's convenience store on the corner. And if you like McDonald's, that's there too. I think Palaceside is a very good option.
by aurora rate this post as useful

reply to this thread