Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to do in Tokyo over night? 2007/8/13 12:13
Can anyone please advise us what there is to do in Tokyo between the times of 23:00pm on a thursday night, until 8:00am the following Friday morning? We've never been to Japan ,speak no Japanese but would like to experience some of Tokyo before flying out again... Thank you :)
by Kirsty  

tokyo at night 2007/8/13 22:00
just went there last month. in fact all shops closed at 8.30pm. but, ueno was quite bustling around 9pm. can try tokyo tower. maybe, in the wee morning, try Tsukiji market, we missed it due to Umi no hi.
by Jacqueline rate this post as useful

Tsukiji 2007/8/14 03:26
Yeah, I must say that given your odd time constraints, Tsukiji is an option you wouldn't want to miss. You absolutely must get there by the time the auction starts at around 5 or 5:30am. I have read some sources that say it's not open to visitors but others have told me that as long as you're not intrusive, no one cares. The market is an absolute mad frenzy of seafood and people chopping up extremely big things from the ocean. A lot of people I know have cited it as one of the most unique things they've ever seen in Tokyo or even Japan.

Depending on where in Tokyo you'll be staying overnight, getting to Tsukiji by public transit in time for the auction may be difficult or even impossible. So just check the train schedules beforehand!
by Jon rate this post as useful

.. 2007/8/14 05:34
23:00pm on a thursday night, until 8:00am the following Friday morning?

Bars and clubs, maybe karaoke if you are a late night person.

Are you on a layover, because Narita Airport/Tokyo isn't in Tokyo. I know this point often confuses people on layovers who never been into Japan or Tokyo and realize the distance.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/14 05:35
Also note subway and trains stop running around midnight, and don't start running again until around 5-6am, so you are quite limited in your transporation options at night other than taxis which can be long ques after the trains stop running.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread