Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hotel kimono? 2007/8/15 18:17
Wear I can I get those robe like kimonos :I am not sure if it is a kimono or just a robe: that are in the hotel rooms for cheap?
by s  

... 2007/8/16 08:36
Kimono you often see in hotel/ryokan room is called YUKATA and its purpose is PJ.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Hotel yukata 2007/8/16 10:03

You should first try asking at the reception desk of the hotel. They might have yukata for sale, or, if you ask nicely, might even let you have one for free as a souvenir. Otherwise, you should look in department stores. Remember that they are yukata - not kimono.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

ryokan 2007/8/16 10:12
often, ryokan will lend you a yukata while you stay there. Yukatas are pretty inexpensive c ompared to a real kimono. You can probably buy one easily.
by Miko rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/16 10:59
If you are in Japan now, check out UNIQLO casual clothing shop outlets. THey have sets of "yukata" robe AND a sash belt to go with it. Also, check out some department stores - now some are holding "yukata" fair as end-of summer sales events :) You will find different, more colorful patterns than those provided normally in ryokans.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread