Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Entertianment for Foreigners? 2007/8/16 06:28
Does anyone know of any people who aren`t Japanese but sing Japanese Pop Music? or host a Japanese Music/Game Show? I`m not talking about people like Crystal Kay (half African-American, half Korean). I`m talking about people who have absolutely no Asian in them whatsoever but pursue some kind of career in the Japanese Entertainment Industry. I`m African-American and Puerto Rican and I really want to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. I recently changed my interests to pursuing a career in the Japanese entertainment industry. I`m inspired by people like Crystal Kay (even though she is part Asian). But I want to know how the Japanese will react to it? I`m not Asian at all but I really want to do something in Japanese entertainment. I`m also kinda overweight. But I don`t think I have to worry about that. By the time I`m able to go to Japan, I`ll have lost alot of weight.
by Wanna do something in J-entertianment  

Entertainment industry 2007/8/16 10:19
Wanna,

There a loads of non-Japanese people in the Japanese entertainment industry and on TV. A quick search on the web should turn up names and details. Nationality, race, physical appearance, and even minimal Japanese ability do not seem to be issues so long as you are entertaining or are good at what you do.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/16 10:38
Depends on the industry, on tv what i see a lot is your "Gaikokujin tarento", most times normally casted if you need to fill in the role of the generic foreigner on television.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/16 10:39
I just want to say its the same in hollywood films, sometimes you would see the same asian actor needed to fill in the generic role of some karate instructor for the main character etc etc.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/17 00:30
by . rate this post as useful

reply to this thread