Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa hostels/cheap hotels 2007/8/16 08:59
I'm taking a two month trip to Japan in spring 2008 with my boyfriend. One of our last stops is in Kanazawa.

I can't seem to find any good hostels through the standard hostelworld.com, hostels.com, and a couple others.

I did manage to come upon Murataya Ryokan (a little pricier for us) and Toyoko Inn Kanazawa Korinbo (our price range).

Can anyone recommend any others?
by EnaChan  

... 2007/8/16 14:20
Did you check this hostel?

Kanazawa Youth Hostel
http://www.jyh.or.jp/english/hokushinestu/kanazawa/index.html
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Tried to no avail!! 2008/3/17 02:13
I checked out that hostel, but it's unavailable for some of the night's we're there. The Toyoko Inn Kanazawa-eki Higashi-guchi, seems to work best. But when we tried to make a reservation, it asks for my name in Chinese characters, then in brackets it says "Kana in normal size or Alphabet in half-size character". I don't know what that means!! How do I book here? Can I just use regular English?

Sorry for all the questions but it's getting down to the wire because we leave in a less than a month.

(My last resort is the Murataya Ryokan...even though it's slightly above my budget).

Please respond pleeeease!!
by EnaChan rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2008/3/17 04:46
I have no idea what they mean by half size character. I assume you are booking via the English page? Just enter your details in English. If you have a problem, get back to me.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Tested! 2008/3/17 04:51
I just did a test, using English will work fine.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Certainly . . . 2008/3/17 10:31
. . . better than a hostel is the Central Hotel in Kanazawa. I stayed there around 3 years ago for 4800 yen. For that price, the hotel had a decent TV and even an icebox and box of Kleenex. For that price, you rarely get the latter two amenities. I forget if there was liquid soap and shampoo; a small bar of soap is the norm. The hotel is so small no breakfast is served. It's not that far from the station, off to the side.

I booked over the web from Rakutan or some other site.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2008/3/17 12:27
Okay! That's a load off my mind. I would consider that other hotel...but it's over my budget!! This Tokoyo Inn offers all of that but at 3500 yen per person (7000 for a double room). So...it's like paying for a hostel.

Anyhoo, thanks very much for your guys' help! No more panic attacks!!
by EnaChan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread