Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamo Station in Kyoto 2007/8/18 06:43
Hello,

I was just wondering if Kamo (Kyoto) is a big station or not?

I have been using Hyperdia and Jorudan to calculate a route and for some odd reason both search results leave a 63 minute wait period to catch the Kintetsu Iga Line even though the train comes every hour.

Is it because 3 minutes is not enough time to catch the connecting train or is it because the station is big and confusing for a tourist so we won't find the connecting platform on time?

Just curious...
by Misa  

... 2007/8/18 07:34
I was just wondering if Kamo (Kyoto) is a big station or not?

No, it is a very small station with only two platforms and four tracks. Transfering between trains should not take more than one minute even if you have to change platforms (which you usually don't have to).

I have been using Hyperdia and Jorudan to calculate a route and for some odd reason both search results leave a 63 minute wait period to catch the Kintetsu Iga Line even though the train comes every hour.

The Kintetsu Iga Line does not stop at Kamo Station! Are you confusing it with Iga-Ueno Station?
by Uji rate this post as useful

You are right! 2007/8/18 07:50
Yes, I was confusing the two lines. Sorry and thanks for the correction.

So basically, is it hard to navigate around the Iga-Ueno station to catch a connecting line to Uenoshi (more than 3 mins)?

It is too bad there isn't a prepaid card for that area because I am probably going to have a really hard time figuring out how to buy the ticket...
by Misa rate this post as useful

Iga Ueno 2007/8/18 14:26
I remember going here a few months ago. If I remember correctly, the Kintetsu and JR trains leave from the same platform area and so transferring should be easy. I also remember when I went there, Kintetsu trains weren't running and so my only option was to walk to Uenoshi from JR Iga Ueno Station. It sounds horrible but it actually only took about half an hour, so just in case you feel like it, let me tell you that it is possible and not dangerous at all (except maybe at night, but why would you go there at night?). It was also almost entirely a straightshot, with one left turn, and the castle of Iga Ueno was in view about half of the way there, so it would be difficult to get lost.
by Jon rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/19 07:05
As mentioned by Jon, Iga Ueno Station is also a relatively small station. Three minutes should be enough.

. 2007/8/19 07:48
Is it possible to even through ticket that far out if you are coming from say Kyoto? eg riding JR then going onto the Kintetsu train (its my understanding they use the same facilities without different gates). Or do some people just pay the difference at either iga ueno or uenoshi stations.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/21 19:28
Is it possible to even through ticket that far out if you are coming from say Kyoto?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, there are no ticket gates between JR and Kintetsu in Iga Ueno Station. If I remember correctly, you can just board the Kintetsu train and then buy a ticket from the conductor on board of the Kintetsu train.

reply to this thread