Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Holiday --> Student Visa. 2007/8/18 08:38
I recently completed an exchange in Japan and am thinking about returning to persue my masters degree. I was hoping to go near the end of december in order to visit with friends and travel somewhat before applying for school in march (should I decide to do that).

My question is, if I go to Japan on a working holiday Visa and then decide to apply for university, will I run into any problems converting the Visa?

Thank you for any advice!
by Cas.  

. 2007/8/19 07:54
As long as you meet all the requirements for a student visa then there shouldn't be much problems. Note however that processing times, the application process for schools start as long as half a year to a year in advance. Eg if you want to start school in April session when most university sessions begin then you better have the application into the school the sepetember or august before, since first you have to be screened and selected into the school, then the visa application process, COE etc takes a few months.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/8/19 10:50
Thank you for the quick reply John, it is much appreciated!
by Cas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread