Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

price discount time for supermarkets? 2007/8/20 17:05
Hello!
I'm just this guy who started working in Osaka (from Canada), and I often go to Life (raihu) supermarket cuz it's awesome.

I was just wondering, yesterday (Sunday)
I went there in evening
and my favorite fried pork (290) was dropped to 200yen
with some sticker
saying 4ji and stuff....

hmm it would be really great if you guys could tell me about price discount details.

ps. is it worth making a point card? what's a benefit of it? I would be staying for like 8 months.

bunch of questions being bombarded, but I would really appreciate you guys/girls' help.
by Jongmu  

... 2007/8/22 10:10
In many supermarkets and department stores, discount sales for cooked foods and perishables start at 6-7PM.

But it depends on shops and areas. I live in central Tokyo and the nearby supermarket start 1st discount (20-30% off) at 6pm and 2nd (50%) at 9pm and 3rd (only for breads) in the following morning. It took me a while to understand the system :)

As for point card, according to the webpage of Life, you can get 1 point for 100 yen purchase. And once you aquire 500 points, you can exchange your points to 500 yen voucher.

Many supermarkets give you extra 2-3 points when you bring your own bag instead of receiving free plastic bag (to save environment) but I'm not sure if Life has the same system. It is not stated in their webpage.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

most supermarkets 2007/8/22 12:08
But at most supermarkets don't you have to buy the point card in the first place?
by M rate this post as useful

point card 2007/12/18 16:32
hi,

what should i do with that voucher once i accumulate 500 points...where can i encash it?

Thanks!!
by Prasad rate this post as useful

hmm 2007/12/18 19:16
hey prasad, don't you just get some coupon using your point card from the machine and just use it when you're on cash register?
i seriously have no idea cuz i only have 460 pts or something lol but at least i thought they would help me if i do some body language :p
by josh rate this post as useful

vouchers 2007/12/18 20:54
I doubt you would be able to encash the voucher. You would be able to use it to get a 500 yen discount from your next purchase.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/19 08:57
Well, a voucher is better than nothing. :) How do I obtain a point card in the first place?
I've just been asked in the past if I have one, not if I want one. Also, is there a spcific sign that shows me that the store accepts those cards?
Is there any personal information connected with the point card? I don't really like to be prifiled, that's why I never obtained a payback card or something similar. :)
by Haf rate this post as useful

point cards 2007/12/19 09:20
Stores have their own point cards. You can use that store's point card in that store, or usually other branches of the same store. An exception is Tsutaya's T card which can be used at Family Mart and other places as well now, although I never remember.

To get a point card you would probably have to fill out the usual details- name, address, age, phone number etc, so if you aren't happy giving their information out, then don't worry about getting one. To me it's a lot of trouble to go to just to get a 500 yen discount after 6 months or so of shopping there.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread