Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

driving in December 2007/8/21 02:16
First of all, i am grateful for all the information which has been posted on this forum!
I am going to be in Japan for 2 weeks in late December and thought it might be nice to drive up/or down the Noto Peninsula or in Hokkaido to take in some scenery, but I've been told Noto may not be so accessible now and winter Hokkaido is not car-friendly..
I went to Shimoda in the Izu Peninsula last year and wanted to find something scenic, preferably along the coastline but in another part of Japan - unfortunately I can only do the drive for 3 days.. so options might be limited.. any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!
thanks!
by kevin  

I like . . . 2007/9/10 11:24
. . .. . . the Rikugen Kaigan coast (northern Tohoku) and Obama Five-Lakes to Tojimbo area (Fukui), but an early winter snowstorm is possible.

A good bet for you in 3 days is rent a car in Toba and drive along the coastline of Wakayama peninsula to Kansai Airport or Osaka. There are a myriad of sightseeing attractions in this stretch, such as a riverboat ride along a gorge, a waterfall, an orange temple nearby, Shirahama resort area (with safari park if you are into that).

Click on the link below and check out the PDF file in the right column. The chance of snow in this area during December is nil.

http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/regional/wakayama/index.h...
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread