Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jobs for Americans outside of Teaching 2007/8/21 02:54
My boyfriend's job is relocating him to Japan to work for a few years. I am thinking about relocating with him, but I'm not having much luck finding any jobs outside of teaching English. Are there any jobs for Americans with a bachelors degree, besides teaching (I don't speak Japanese either)? What would be the best way to find a job?
by Lindsay  

. 2007/8/22 11:58
Do you have any IT qualifications? IT seems to be the only other field that people seem to get into if not language teaching. Without much Japanese language skill it would be harder. Otherwise if it is going to be a few years, you can get an english teaching job, get your foot grounded, pick up some language skills and see what else is available for you wherever you are located.
by John rate this post as useful

Japan Jobs 2008/1/11 18:28
If your fianc・work brings you close to U.S Gov locations, there are sfew options. First is working for U.S. Gov, civil service or contractors. Several websites available in many search engines, USA GOV comes to mind. Second would is to seek out local employment agencies that staff foreigners・ Good luck.
by KAB rate this post as useful

reply to this thread