Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in 25 days - cherry blossoms 2007/8/22 18:36
Myself and my wife are planning to visit Japan for the first time for 20-25 days during March/April 2008. We are more interested in old world charm, culture, historical monuments, temples and nature. We also like to be in important cities like Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima as they are well known places for outside world. We would like to plan to be in Tokyo during cherry blossoms (mankai). This site gives information that 2007 kaika was on 20th march, mankai after a week ie 27th March. Hope that will hold good even for 2008. Can you please suggest me an itinerary for different cities, no. days of stay so that we can have a feel of Japan as a whole. JR rail pass looks a better option? we will be thankful to any help in this regard
by Balaji Rao BK  

... 2007/8/22 22:50
It's hard to predict nature but cherry blossom starts south and moves up to north. So I think at some points, you'll have a chance of enjoying Mankai.

If you're interested in history, don't skip Kyoto, Nara and Takayama. Actually, I recommend you to base yourself in Kyoto instead of Osaka. Osaka and Nara can be done daytrips from Kyoto.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Japan in 25 days - cherry blossoms 2007/8/24 19:51
We will be travelling by JPRailPass and making base in Kyoto is not a problem. We have 20-25 days at our disposal starting from 26/27 April 2008. Any help in having a good itinerary using this Rail pass or any other economical way covering Japanese cultural areas.
by Balaji Rao BK rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/24 19:56
sorry it is starting from 26/27th March 2008
by Balaji Rao BK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread