Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

itinerary 2007/8/22 20:41
hi there,
reading a bit in the forum, I just realised I still have a lot of preparation work and "finetuning" to do. Anyway flights are booked, JR Passes bought, most accommodation reserved, but I would like to ask your opinion, as we still have 2 pending days and are not sure where to spend them. I thought of Nara in order to have more time in Kyoto and surroundings (Himeji 1day etc.)and be more relaxed with everything.
Heres' our itinerary /overnights so far for this October:

16.-20. Oct. Tokyo (incl. day trip to Nikko on 17th)
20.-21. Hakone
21.-22. Takayama
22.-23. Kanazawa
23.-27. Kyoto
27.-29. Nara???
29.-30. Narita, as departure in the morning

do you have any suggestions otherwise?

big thanks in advance.
by sandra  

excursions from Kyoto 2007/8/22 21:56
With a valid JR Pass you can even consider a day excursion from Kyoto to Hiroshima. There are two direct hikari shinkansen in the morning ( 7.42 h, 8.22 h ) and many others with train change at ShinOsaka for the 1 h 45 min ride.
You will not need a full day to come to Narita airport from Kyoto. You can stay in Kyoto till the 17.00 h hikari brings you to Tokyo with N'express connection to Narita arrival 21.13 h.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread