Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ghibli Museum tickets 2007/8/23 00:12
Hi all,

I want to purchase Studio Ghibli tickets but I can't find a proper site to order them. The UK one that is linked has a confusing front end, it looks as if you need to order a Rail Pass as well. Also if I read properly they send via snail mail only but I'd prefer to get the voucher via e-mail.
Does someone know alternatives?
Thanks,
Steff
by Steff  

. 2007/8/23 10:03
Are you trying from JTB UK? Call them up instead and ask, sometimes its a lot better just to talk to someone on the phone instead of email.

If you need to get it in Japan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+32094

It is an actual voucher or voucher printout, not an email voucher you can print yourself.
by John rate this post as useful

JTB 2007/8/23 10:32
JTB proved the way to go for me.

I suggest that you make the reservation well in advance and have it set before you go to Japan.

Engeru
by Engeru rate this post as useful

Pick it up in Japan 2007/8/23 10:47
Just order a ticket in Japan, no problems. Head into a "Lawson" store. That's where I got my Ghibli ticket. Hopefully the staff speaks English and they can help you. Its not very difficult
by Karu rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/23 11:25
The directions on how to use the lawson's machine is posted in the link above.

... 2007/8/24 14:40
Yes it was the UK site I tried. I found someone that will go to a Lawsons and try to buy tickets for me and give them to me when we arrive. I'm just worried that they will not have any tickets left when we get there ...
I'll see if she was successful, if not I will really try to call them!
by Steff rate this post as useful

Tickets left? 2007/8/25 03:44
Will I be able to get tickets for september when I arrive on the 1st?
by Adam rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/25 04:03
Well it depends do you want to go to the museum on the first or want to purchase for tickets on another day on the 1st.

http://www2.lawsonticket.com/pc/p54/jiburi/jiburi_webcl.asp
Ticket availability, you don't need to read Japanese or be a rocket scientist to decipher it.

reply to this thread