Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

credit card at Narita station? 2007/8/23 01:17
hello
can someone tell me if you can purchase train tickets using a (foreign) credit card at NArita Airport? i cant remember.

thanks

by Mark  

... 2007/8/23 08:52
Yes, you can at the JR ticket counter. Not sure about Keisei Railways.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/23 09:59
Minor note, there is Narita Station (for the city) then there is Narita Airport Station (one for both terminals). However as mention JR ticket counters do accept credit cards. Keisei if I remember does as well at the counter at the basement station.
by John rate this post as useful

Use of credit cards... 2007/8/25 04:39
I have a friend who is in the military and is always travelling overseas, don't think he has ever been to Japan, but he says that, in his experience, when he uses his credit card, the merchant holds charging the credit card for the best currency rate, hoping for a high one, and then charges the credit card. he says this is legal and they have up to 30 days to charge the credit card.

I am not saying that Japanese people do this, no offense, but has anyone experience this? is this true?
by Amarys rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/25 05:35
Sometimes I notice it takes a while for the transaction to post, however I highly doubt this is due to the merchant waiting for the best exchange rate (at least in Japan).
Rather that, Japan is kind of behind in banking and credit.
by John rate this post as useful

JR ticket booth 2007/8/25 10:29
The JR ticket office accepts VISA, MasterCard, Amex, etc.

However, at Narita Airport, it's a bit confusing because there are also a number of agents selling JR tickets, that accept cash only.

For example, at Narita Airport terminal 2, the agents are immediately outside the exit area. You need to go down the escalator to the station, where the real JR ticket office (which accepts credit cards) is.
by anon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread