Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

When does the JR pass become valid? 2007/8/25 00:15
'It is not until the time of exchange, when you determine the starting date of validity of your Japan Rail Pass.'
Does that mean you can choose a date..or is it valid from that day on?
I need to know as we plan on spending a week in kyoto before activating the pass for the rest of our travels.
Thanks!
by Jennifer  

... 2007/8/25 11:48
The pass becomes valid on the date that you select as starting date. When exchanging the voucher, you can select the starting date to be the current day or a day in the future.
by Uji rate this post as useful

by the way... 2007/8/25 22:53
I will arrive at Narita Airport on Monday 3th September, and I'd like starting to use my JR Pass on that same day. Will it still be valid on Monday 17th in the morning? (That's when I need to go back to the Airport, so I will need to take the NEX)

When you arrive in the station you want to take the train in, I have read that you musn't try to put your Pass in the regular ticket gates. Then do you need to show it everytime to a ticket office?

Thank you if you answer. (and sorry for my bad English ^^;)
by Emilie rate this post as useful

JR Railpass 2007/8/25 23:01
a 14 day? JR Rail Pass started 03 Sept any hour is valid till 16 Sept 23.59 h. So to go to Narita 17 Sept you cannot use it.
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/25 23:02
No, it will be valid until Sunday September 16. I assume you will have a 14 day JR pass. Remember it is calendar days including the day you start using the pass.

I recommend that you pay for train tickets to or from Narita Airport.
by John rate this post as useful

JR pass 2007/8/26 06:44
you could'nt put your JR pass in a turnstile ticket slot because the pass is big (passport size). At one end of a line of turnstiles there is always a manned booth. Open your pass to show the pass start date and your name and show it to the staff as you walk by him without stopping. By the way the date on your pass (in big numbers) use the
Japanese calendar (year 1 was the year the reign of the current Emperor started) so don't panic. The international date shows somewhere down on the pass. .
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

:) 2007/8/27 13:48
Thank you Uji.
by Jennifer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread