Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How far is Negishi from Atsugi? 2007/8/25 23:16
We are going to be stationed in Atsugi next summer (2008) and I want to research housing now. As I have a 7th grader (then) and a dog, it looks like Negishi may be one of our best choices. I wouldn't want my husband to have too long of a commute. Thank you for your help. :)
by sherry  

. 2007/8/26 08:58
I'm not sure what do you mean by Negishi.

Google Transit from 根岸 to 厚木 tells us

http://www.google.com/transit?ie=UTF8&f=d&saddr=%E6%A0%B9%E5%B2%B8&

it seems pretty far away.
by anoir rate this post as useful

Yes you're right 2007/8/26 09:51
Thank you. I see that you are right. We will probably be okay to get base housing.

Thanks you! :)
by Sherry rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/26 10:06
Note that Atsugi navy is not actually in the city of Atsugi but in the cities of Ayase and Yamato. Probably doesn't help you much there, but maybe once you're in Japan you'll have better options to speak to other members living there and look around to see what your options maybe for a future move.
by John rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/8/26 10:40
Thank you for your help John.
by Sherry rate this post as useful

Negishi& Atsugi 2007/8/26 11:13
Atsugi Naval Base has a good website that may answer some questions about the commute.
Negishi housing area has lots of advantages - it's big, spacious, you can have three pets, and it's right IN Yokohama. Many people are put off by the commute but everyone I've talked to who lives there has been very happy.
by Sprendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread