Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

NEX not stopping at Ikebukuro 2007/8/27 16:20
Looking at the NEX timetable, it seems that it might not stop at Ikebukuro all the time.

If this is so, is still advisable to purchase the NEX + Suica or are there other ways to Ikebukuro?

I wanted a direct train like the NEX to Ikebukuro because of I am travelling alone with a baby and basically want the connection to be as hassle-free as possible.

Any ideas/comments? Thanks.
by patchwork  

Narita to Ikebukuro 2007/8/27 18:59
Patchwork,

That's right, not all the Narita Express trains go as far as Ikebukuro, as some terminate at Shinjuku. It depends on the time of day. However, even if you catch the NEX to Shinjuku, it is only one stop (5 mins) further on to Ikebukuro using the Saikyo Line. I think most trains depart from the same platform at which the Narita Express arrives, so it's not much of a hassle. I would definitely avoid the rush-hour if you have luggage and a baby, though, as the Saikyo Line gets really packed.
Another option would be to get the Airport Limousine Bus which goes from Narita to the major hotels in Ikebukuro.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

N'ex to Ikebukuro 2007/8/27 19:25
The following Nartia Express go through to Ikebukuro:
(lv Narita airport: )
07.42h, 08.52h, 10.16h, 11.16h, 12.16h, 13.16h, 14.43h, 16.43h, 17.13h, 18.46h, 19.13h, 19.43h, 21.43h .
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/27 20:26
What hotel will you be staying at?

As mentioned you might also want to consider taking the airport limousine bus, especially if you are staying at either the Metropolitan or Sunshine city prince, as the limousine bus will take you to the hotel's front door, and you will not have to worry about transferring through a large train station etc. If you are not staying at those hotels the bus will take you to those hotels where you can probably walk to your hotel or take a short taxi, again probably better then transiting through a major train station.
by John rate this post as useful

thanks - likely to be at House Ikebukuro 2007/8/28 14:18
Hi

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll likely be at House Ikebukuro. I know the limo bus goes to a hotel nearby but I think the walk from the hotel is longer. Was hoping to get the NEX+Suica. In this case, if I don't take the NEX, is there any point in buying this combination? Or say if I buy this, can I use the NEX portion on my return trip to Narita? Thanks.
by patchwork rate this post as useful

NEX+Suica 2007/8/28 14:26
Patchwork,

Was hoping to get the NEX+Suica. In this case, if I don't take the NEX, is there any point in buying this combination?

No!

Or say if I buy this, can I use the NEX portion on my return trip to Narita?

No.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/28 15:01
If you are referring to this map:
http://www.housejp.com.tw/page/map01b.jpg

While the train option does look it it is closer, I've walked that distance, and you have to remember you have to battle your way through Ikebukuro station, with your luggage and a baby, Ikebukuro station is very busy at all times of the day (it is one of the main access points into central tokyo).

So If you were traveling with a young one, and had luggage, I suggest taking the limousine bus to the metropolitan hotel, and take a very short taxi ride from the Metropolitan Hotel to the House Ikebukuro. Its probably free and easy that way.
by John rate this post as useful

thanks - taxi ride cost? 2007/8/29 11:45
Thanks, just out of curiosity, how much would you reckon the taxi ride to cost?

by patchwork rate this post as useful

reply to this thread