Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica & N'EX 2007/8/27 17:50
Is it possible to buy two way tickets from Narita Airport to Tokyo, and Tokyo to Narita Airport at the vending machines? As my flight coming back to Singapore will be at 11 am, when would be the best time to reseve the seat for N'EX from Tokyo to Narita Airport
by LVS  

. 2007/8/28 09:36
You can only buy the Suica & NEX Package ONE way, from Narita Airport to Tokyo.

From Tokyo back to Narita Airport you will have to pay full price for a regular NEX ticket.

To purchase a SUICA & NEX you HAVE to do it in person at a counter, (they need to check your passport etc), at the same time you can purchase a return ticket if you wanted.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/28 09:38
If you're flight is at 11am you should be at the airport at least by 8-9am, so leaving on a 7am from Tokyo back to Narita Airport is good. "Narita Express #3 leaves Tokyo at 7:00 and "Narita Express #5 leaves at 7:15" I would take either of those in the Morning.

N'EX 2007/8/30 18:32
Hi John,

Now my flight has changed 9.45am, so what time I should leave Tokyo Station? And what time I will reach Nartia Airport?

Thank you.
by LVS rate this post as useful

check-in time at Narita 2007/8/30 20:14
60 min prior to flight check-in must be finished, that is the minimum at Narita airport ( unless specific airline requests different ) BUT to be at Narita airport around 2 hours prior to flight is highly recommended. So you can take the Narita Express leave Tokyo 06.30 h arrive Narita airport 07.29 h or Narita Express leave 07.00 h arrive 07.55 h . You will stay in Tokyo station area? If not the 06.30 h starts in Ikebukuro at 06.00 h via Shinjuku and Shibuya, were you can board, too. While the 07.00 h comes in 2 parts from Yokohama and Shinagawa and from Shinjuku and Shibuya.
by Peter rate this post as useful

check-in time 2007/8/30 21:41
Thanks Peter,

I be staying near Shintomicho(Y20) station. What time does the TokyoMetro-Yurakucho line start operate (early at 5am)?

This is my first time free & easy trip, as I need to plan in advance.

Narita Express 2007/8/30 22:24
LVS,
First train 05.09 h to Yurakucho station 3 min ride change train here to Yamanote line to Tokyo station 4 min ride ( First Yamanote was at 04.42 already )
It is very good to plan in advance, better than being late for the plane.
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/30 22:47
Thanks Peter, for your fast reply.

. 2007/8/31 06:00
Yurakucho station to Tokyo station is only a 3 minute walk.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/31 06:26

Yurakucho station to Tokyo station is only a 3 minute walk.

Yes if you were the flash or superman.

Considering the fact that the Keiyo line tracks at Tokyo station is located underground roughly halfway between Tokyo Station and Yurakucho Station, and it takes nearly 15-20 minutes to walk from the regular tracks from Tokyo Station to the Keiyo line tracks, I don't see how one can walk from Tokyo station to Yurakucho in three minutes.

Taxi to Tokyo Station 2007/8/31 10:11
Hi John,

Is it easy to get taxis early in the morning from Minato, Chuo-ku to Tokyo Station, how much is the taxis fares?

. 2007/8/31 10:20
You are very close to Tokyo station, it shouldn't take a taxi too long, ask your hotel to call a taxi for you in the morning. A taxi for that route should be 1000yen or so (rough guess I don't know where you're exact location is).

Another alternative is just going out and staying at a hotel near Narita your final night.

. 2007/8/31 11:50
"Considering the fact that the Keiyo line tracks at Tokyo station is located underground roughly halfway between Tokyo Station and Yurakucho Station, and it takes nearly 15-20 minutes to walk from the regular tracks from Tokyo Station to the Keiyo line tracks, I don't see how one can walk from Tokyo station to Yurakucho in three minutes."

The Keiyo Line and NEX platforms are located on opposite sides of Tokyo Station. Two totally different places.

You're going to have to walk within Tokyo Station no matter how you get there, by Yamanote, subways, or taxi.

suica 2007/8/31 11:52
How can i get Suica on my cell phone? also, how do i keep track of my balance? Do you think a student rail pass (prepaid ticket/card that goes from one station to another only) would be a better option?
by Miko rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/31 11:53
"Is it easy to get taxis early in the morning from Minato, Chuo-ku to Tokyo Station, how much is the taxis fares?"

Where exactly is Minato. Chuo-ku?? It doesn't make sense.

. 2007/8/31 12:06
John,

Tokyo station to Yurakucho station is only 3-400 meters away, so if you're in decent shape, you can make it in 3-4 minutes.
by Mika rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/31 12:22
The Keiyo Line and NEX platforms are located on opposite sides of Tokyo Station. Two totally different places.

Yes I know that, I was using the Keiyo line platforms as an example to show that one cannot walk between Yakurocho station and Tokyo station in 3minutes.

reply to this thread