Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

transexuals in tokyo 2007/8/28 03:22
im coming to tokyo in the end of september. I love transgender and transexuals. Where can i meet them while im in tokyo?
by paragon  

Okama show 2007/8/28 10:49
Paragon,

The 2-chome district of Shinjuku has the largest concentration of gay/transvestite/transsexual bars. Hato Bus, the tour operator, even organizes tours that include an evening at an okama (transsexual) show in Shinjuku.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

transexuals in Tokyo 2007/8/28 16:16
call me old fashioned but the tansgendered/ transexuals I know (I work in the healthcare field) wouldn't dream of being on display for all the money in the world. They have had hard enough a time for many years and want to live their new life discreetly...
You may be thinking of Show business actors who impersonate the other sex in night clubs. .
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Clarification 2007/8/28 16:37
Sensei 2 wrote:

You may be thinking of Show business actors who impersonate the other sex in night clubs. .

No, I was referring to transsexuals ("newhalf" in Japanese), since that was what the poster was asking about. But I'm sure there are plenty of drag queens and part-time female impersonators there too.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread