Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese bed sizes 2007/8/28 04:51
Does anyone know if bed sheets for a US queen bed would fit a Japanese queen bed? I heard that it's expensive to buy sheets in Japan and we are planning to move there and buy a queen (not double) bed when we arrive, if we can find one. But we could bring our sheets from the US if they are compatible and it would be economical. Thanks for your opinions.
Tehdeebear
by Tehdeebear  

... 2007/8/28 11:29
Beds available in Japan include a lot of imported brands, be it single, double or queen. Even if it's domestic, not all brands share the same size. It depends on the brand, not the country.

A typical queen size box type sheet is 160cm x 200cm x 30cm and about 6500 yen. I bought mine from a wide variety of designs on the Japanese internet, since only single or double size are commonly available at the stores.

I suppose that if you use very large flat sheets, it would fit any mattress that is smaller than that.

Btw, our mattress made in Japan is what the brand calls "queen size" but they told me that I should use what you usually call "wide double" size sheets, since the mattress is of a special size.
by Uco rate this post as useful

beds 2007/8/29 04:02
when I lived in Germany the 'matrimonial" beds were 2 twin beds together. much better than a king or queen as they are easier to move around but also because each person can have a different mattress density. interestingly they used single duvets too so that one person doesn't hoag the covers. Since the 70s many Euro beds have very fancy thin boxsprings with articulated slats etc and latex foam mattreses tha thave variou densities for various parts of the body.
I live in North America and have been sleeping on a futon for over 20 years. Many people I know (architects, decorators,,) use futons. Japanese stores sell platforms, about 16 inches high, with storage underneath. one can lay the futon on top and sleep at a western height. You should try it!.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread