Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ikebukuro vs. Shinjuku 2007/8/28 09:58
Which is better for getting free food samples at the dept. stores?

for shopping--maybe mostly window shopping.

I'm coming from Ueno Station.
How long does it take to these 2 stops?
by Brad Pitt  

Ikebukuro vs. Shinjuku 2007/8/28 11:24
Brad,

Which is better for getting free food samples at the dept. stores?

No difference.

for shopping--maybe mostly window shopping.

No difference.

I'm coming from Ueno Station.
How long does it take to these 2 stops?

Ikebukuro is fractionally closer...
http://www.hyperdia.com/

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Ikebukuro vs. Shinjuku 2007/8/29 02:12
So, if there is no difference which is a better place to visit overall? Ikebukuro vs. Shinjuku?
by Brad Pitt rate this post as useful

vs 2007/8/29 15:03
surely your agent or Angelina should know!
it all depends on your personal taste. Tokyo has several districts with a somewhat similar choice of stores, entertainment etc. simply because Tokyo plus its suburbs is such a huge place (over 35 milion people) that one district is not enough!.
I much prefer Shinjuku and finds Ikebukuro harder, a bit more raunchy. Others love it. You could also try Shibuya, Omotesando etc. .
by Sansei 2 rate this post as useful

ikebukuro 2007/8/29 17:48
I actually prefer ikebukuro to shinjuku. Lot more smaller shops and nice alleys with nice food. A lot more character
Shinjuku just feels like a huge departmental store. Everything is about the same. Probably only good if you have something specific you must buy.
In ikebukuro, Sunshine city is quite a nice place to shop. Plus there's a nicely sized Uniqlo shop. Plus the food department of Tobu and Seibu are HUGE! Lots of yummy stuff there.
by amelia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread