Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Winter clothes? 2007/8/29 19:32
Hello, I'm a teenager in singapore, and during my school holidays I'd be going to Japan, Hokkaido, during Early december with my family. However, I'm clueless to the essentials i need on the trip as i have never been to such a cold place before. I'd appreaciate guidiance on what I should wear while I'm there, including footwear! Also, I'd appreaciate it if it could actually come out decent looking...:( Can anyone help me??
by misachi  

. 2007/8/30 09:29
Well I would get generic winter clothes, eg: Jacket (light-medium), sweater, good walking shoes/sneakers. A scarf is good too if it is windy.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/30 10:00
misachi, when are you going to Hokkaido? (We don't know when you have school holidays in Singapore) If you go from December to early March, most places there are snow-covered.

You need a thick jacket, gloves, scarf and non-slippery shoes.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/30 11:55
''and during my school holidays I'd be going to Japan, Hokkaido, during Early december with my family.'' ^_^ It's around the 11th?..yea.
by misachi rate this post as useful

Oops, sorry! 2007/8/30 12:32
Sorry, I missed the part :(
I think Hokkaido is already snow-bound in December. Snow is generally removed on major roads (melted by warm water or scooped) but small roads in the residential areas are not always snow-free or turn very slippery as temperature drops at night. (How many times I slipped on the roads! ) Boots are recommendable if you can find in Singapore. You can buy an anti-slippery belt (attached to your shoes) in Hokkaido.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

erm.. 2007/8/30 12:35
Err. What sorta boots?...@_@ when you say boots my immeadiate reaction are high heel leather boots. xD haha! I'm rather clueless bout such stuff, i HARDLY wear em. ;_;

boots in Sapporo 2007/8/30 12:55
Amazingly enough, while walking around Odori Park during the snow festival, I saw most young women wearing high-heeled leather boots. Fashion ALWAYS trumps comfort and/or safety.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

^_^'' 2007/8/30 12:57
I don't think i'd be able to handle high heel boots...Id get blisters by the end of the day. haha! but i'd like it if there was some sorta boots that isnt high heel and fashionable too.

snow boots 2007/8/30 20:22
misachi,
Maybe the following illustration can give you an idea about a snow boot. http://www.amazon.com/tag/snowboots
so you see not a high heel leather boot.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread