Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserving moonlight nagara 2007/8/29 19:43
Hi

I will be in Tokyo on 6 October 2007 and intend to go to Nagoya by Moonlight Nagara on 7 October 2007

My understanding is Moonlight Nagara is very popular and i need to reserve the seat one month in advance. However, from what I read, it seem I can only reserve the seat once i am in Japan ( Correct me if i am wrong). Given the fact i will be able to reserve the seat two days before my intended departure date, do i need to make emergency plan just in case I cant get the seat? Or is there any other way for me to reserve the seat ?
by Audrie  

. 2007/8/30 09:25
You have to reserve this train in japan, unless you have a friend in Japan who can purchase one for you and you pay them back later.

The one month out is a recommendation during busy travel seasons.
The train is very popular during Seishun 18 Kippu season. However the date you are traveling is outside Seishun 18 Kippu season so you should be ok finding a seat. If for whatever reason the train is full, take an overnight highway bus, its can actually be cheaper and takes roughly the same amount of time.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread