Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Universities in Nagoya 2007/8/29 21:02
Hi folks!

From next year Ocotober I plan to study in or near Nagoya as an exchange student for one year.
Until now I found 4 universities, where I could apply to, but 2 of them already seem to be impossible, for example, because one has no partnership with my university or one is private (a study fee of 10000 EUR is a real problem for me).
I'd need to find out about solutions or other ways...

So, now my questions are:
Do some of you know more universities in and around Nagoya, where I can apply to?
Is it really necessary that my university has to be a partner university with the one in Nagoya?
As far as I know my university doesn't have any agreement with Nagoya, only with Mie (if nothing works out, I'll probably go there - or anywhere else).

Do some of you have experiences with studying in Nagoya and can tell me about it?
How was it with applying, money, scholarships, the partner-university-thing, etc.?

Thank you a lot for your help already now!!
by German girl  

... 2007/8/30 12:53
German girl, correct me if I am wrong but I'm a bit confused. My understanding from your post is that you are looking for national/public universities which have a partnership with your own university and 1 option is Mie University (national), right?

You mentioned you found 4 and downed 2. I assume Mie is one of the remaining 2. Then what about another one?

If you are looking for a university which has a partnership with your university, the easiest way is to ask your own university.

BTW, not many universities are national/public. These are national/public uni near Nagoya.

Gifu Univ
Gifu Pharmaceutical Univ
Sizuoka Univ
Hamamatsu Medical Univ
University of Shizuoka
Aichi University of Education
Nagoya Univ
Toyohashi Univ of Technology
Nagoya Institute of Technology
Aichi Prefectural University
Nagoya City University
Mie Univ
Mie College of Nursing
by J Lady rate this post as useful

To J Lady 2007/8/30 22:53
First thank you for your answer and the information about the public universities, this is very helpful for me!! :)

To explain:
No no, I am NOT specifically searching for a university in Nagoya which has a partnership with my university.
As I already told, as far as I know, my university does not have any partnership with a Nagoya university.
So, it doesn't make sense for me to search for one if there is none.
Of course I will ask my university again, because it depends on faculties, too. But at the moment my knowledge is that unfortunately there is no partnership.

To conclude this topic:
What I need, is to find out how I can become a member of a university, which hasn't a partnership with my uni ^^;
So, I just ask into this forum, who has already experiences with this.

From the 4 universities I told about are 3 in Nagoya and one is in Aichi Prefecture (it is the one you mentioned above, I think).
I downed two universities in Nagoya, remaining is the one in Aichi and another one in Nagoya directly. I already try to get information and to contact them.
So, Mie is my 3rd choice :)

I hope, I could make things clearer now! ^^;
by German girl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread