Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iriomote itinerary 2007/8/30 04:58
I'm planning on spending a day on Iriomote Island in January.

Arrive at Ohara port and take a cruise along the Nakama River. Walk (is this possible) to Mihara to catch a buffalo cart to Yufu Island. Walk from Mihara to Uehara port for a cruise down the Urauchi River. And then back to Ishigaki.

Is this doable?

If I have to choose a river cruise, which one is better?

Thanks!
by aurora  

... 2007/8/31 22:00
It is over 10 kilometers from Ohara to Mihara and more than 20 kilometers from Mihara to Uehara. It will take hours to walk these distances.

If you have only one day, I recommend to concentrate on just one of the two rivers. I have only been to the Urauchigawa and have very fond memories.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks again 2007/9/5 00:27
Clearly too far to walk. Would I be able to incorporate all of those things if I used the shuttle buses? Or, should I just stick to the Nakama River cruise and Yufu Island? Is there anything else to do on Iriomote? I figure I'd start my day early, but with doing that, seems like I'll have a good bit of time left. Are there any beaches? Or should I check out Kohama or Kuro islands?
by aurora rate this post as useful

reply to this thread