Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

J Embassy UK check criminal records? 2007/8/30 21:18
Does the japanese embassy really check criminal records in the UK??? It only takes a week to get a spouse VISA and that isnt long enough for them to get info off of the CRB. My friend has a very good job japanese wife and kid, so do you think they would overlook checking? he has a criminal records for procession ofdrugs, no prison sentance
by Ano  

. 2007/8/31 10:28
I do not think they would overlook checking, it is one thing to be arrested, and another thing to be convicted of a crime. If I recall the form asks if you have ever been convicted of any serious crimes (i forgot the exact wording) so if he checked NO but they find out he had, then he's been caught in a lie, and that might have a serious impact. But I do not know for sure. Depends on the seriousness, if he didn't serve anytime and it wasn't serious then I don't think it would be a problem, however that is really up to the immigration officials, there maybe many variables that come into factor. I'm no expert so it could be approved without problems at all.
by John rate this post as useful

Not long enough 2007/9/6 19:50
Yeah but still it takes anyone (company or other) longer than one week to get this sort of information on anyone and it takes far more information than what is asked in the form
by Ano rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/7 01:17
It should take longer than one week to get a spouse visa. Before you get a visa usually one has to fill out a certificate of eligibility and that usually takes up to 3 months to process (plenty of time to verify records etc). Now if one didn't have a COE and applied for a Visa then it would take maybe longer. Once one has a COE then getting the actual visa should then take a few days to a week.

. 2007/9/7 01:24
From what I read no they don't do it, as you mention its hard with the information (eg they take no fingerprints).

However it is to note that Japan will start fingerprinting all incoming foreigners at a port of entry (minus a few special residences) regardless of visa status soon.

1 week 2007/9/7 01:48
My friend went down there and they said, that it only takes a week and no COE needed, it can make thing easier with a CEO as all the checks are dont in japan, but this is only for a record in japan.
by anon rate this post as useful

National Police Check 2007/10/6 06:16
I am Canadian. I teach English in Japan for a year. I will go to Australia for the Teacher Diploma. The University need " National Police Check" from Japan and Canada. How to apply in Japan??
by Richard rate this post as useful

reply to this thread