Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

waiting rules in arcade? 2007/8/31 11:52
hey guys/girls,
this is just some kid
working in osaka.

I enjoy beatmania and drummania
a lot in arcade, but was wondering what I'm supposed to do when people start to wait for me from behind.

So far, I just left the machine after my game was over immediately, but can I just stay on the machine as long as I want? might be a dumb question, but wasn't sure exactly what to do.

Thank you and have a great day.
by josh  

well. 2007/8/31 20:26
its common courtesy, you ask them if they want to play, if they want to, just take turns.
by princepwnage rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/31 23:00
In the UK, if you are waiting to have a go on an arcade machine, it is common for the player who is waiting to put their coin on the machine. This shows they want to play (they aren't just watching) and they are next in line.

Is it common for this to be done in Japan as well?
by Gamer Girl rate this post as useful

teenage gamer in Yokohama 2007/9/2 14:48
Being curious, I asked my teenage son who is a Beatmania and Drummania mania in Yokohama.

He says that if there's someone behind you, you should move away once your game is over. Then you watch for a while to see if the person plays or not, and if the person doesn't, you can just come back. He says he never asks if they want to play or not, but I think that's just because he's shy or lazy :)

About the UK custom that Gamer Girl suggested, he says that's out of the question, because you can't focus on the game when someone is sticking a coin beside you.
by Uco rate this post as useful

haha 2007/9/3 09:19
thanks for the answers.
yes in canada, they put coins on the machine but in here I didn't see them doing it so I was wondering :p
but I guess just moving out when someone seems to wait is the best.
by josh rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/3 20:15
Same in Australia you put a coin or 2 there to indicate you're next in line.

However, some people love to put 100 coins there and unless you're bigger and meaner than them, you'll have to wait for them to finish the 100 coins.
by Blanc rate this post as useful

Asking and waiting is how I did it. 2007/9/4 11:41
However, at Game Amuseum (near MBS in Umeda), they sometimes provide chairs for the games that have waits. So, you know who's next.

by kev rate this post as useful

reply to this thread